** PRICE REDUCED! **
** STUNNING HOUSE ON 97 ACRES, CAWONGLA, NORTHERN RIVERS, NSW **
Location / Area
Cawongla, near Lismore and Kyogle, Northern Rivers, New South Wales
Property Type / Size
A 97 acre rural retreat with a funky 3 bedroom mud brick residence, separate studio and inground swimming pool.
The house is a superb home with unique features and design. The main dwelling is on two levels; the bottom level includes the living area, kitchen, laundry and bathroom. A stairwell then connects the living area to the sleeping area of the house.
It is built from natural timber and materials, including sandstone, and has adjoining lawn and garden areas.
|Gardens||Fruit Trees||Salt Water Pool|
The house has three bedrooms which are all accessed from a hallway which runs the length of the second level. There is ample space for an office to be set up, or for a section of the hallway to be enjoyed as a sunroom.
- Large master bedroom with ensuite and built in wardrobes
- Large second bedroom with built in wardrobes
- Third bedroom with built in wardrobes
- All bedrooms have ceiling fans
|3rd Bedroom||2nd Bedroom||Main Bedroom|
This is a very unique building, using timber features.
- Large lounge/dining area with slate floors and wood heater in corner and includes ceiling fan plus doors to 2 metre wide verandah; it also has exposed timber beam ceiling and a sky light
- Large kitchen with near new 5 burner gas stove, timber benchtops plus ample cupboard and shelf space; it also has a skylight for natural lighting and a walk in pantry
- Main Bathroom has modern features with twin sinks, one specifically designed for children and a combined bath and shower
- The laundry has a large linen cupboard and plenty of storage space
- Separate toilet of natural timber/stone plus mud brick
- 2 metre wide front verandah which is paved and adjoins a level lawn area; it is ideal for outdoor dining and relaxing
The house features:
- Many stained glass windows
- Exposed timber beams in lounge/dining area
- Slate floors
- Solar hot water system with electric back-up
- High quality termite eradication system installed
- 2 large concrete water tanks; (30,000 and 20,000 gallons)
- Firefighting sprinklers set up on corners of the house to cover the complete roof area
- Firefighting pump connected near house and set up in support of the sprinkler system
- Salt water swimming pool with timber deck; very private and overlooking the valley
- Pump at creek to supply water to house tanks
- Satellite dish (for Internet use)
- Beautiful gardens and lawn areas
- Fruit tree orchard
- Sprinkler system in garden
This is close to the main building and is approximately 8 x 5 metres.
It is weatherboard and has timber lining and concrete floor. It is accessed through French doors and is fully carpeted. Power is connected.
,It is ideal for:
- Guest accommodation
- Home business
- Rumpus room for children
- B&B potential
|Studio||Looking up from Studio||Pathway to Living Area|
There is a four bay shed 20 x 9 metres in size. Two bays are enclosed and the remaining two are open.
|4 Bay Shed|
Some parts of the property are fenced. There are areas suitable for horses/ponies etc, with approximately 45 acres cleared. There is also a track cut in which allows access to the property.
The property features two dams; with one of them being spring fed.
This is a very private and quiet property on a dead-end road just off the main bitumen road through Cawongla village.
- Kyogle is approximately 14km away (15 minutes)
- Lismore is approximately 30km via a good, sealed road.
- Cawongla General Store is only 3km away (with a huge range of goods available)
- Uki and Nimbin are an easy drive via good roads.
This property has potential for use as a B&B, using the main building, bedrooms, studio and other areas.
- Stunning and unique 3 bedroom family home with large living areas
- Very private and quiet location
- Superb studio close to the house
- Inground salt-water swimming pool
- Four Bay shed
- Landscaped lawn and garden areas
- Close to both Cawongla and Kyogle
- School bus at end of road (1/2 km)
- Creek frontage near house
- Spring fed dam
- Plenty of wildlife
- Ample timber (some may be millable)
- Only 25 minutes to Lismore CBD (shops, university, employment etc)
- Potential for B&B (STCA)
- Room for cattle, horses or ponies
This is a lovely, private and quiet property with a stunning 3 bedroom house and an additional room which can be used as a studio, fourth bedroom or entertaining area.
It offers a quality lifestyle with large acreage and is easy driving distance to Lismore and Kyogle.
There is potential for a B&B operation or room for a home business in the studio.
A printer friendly version of this page is available here.
If you wish to contact the owners via email please fill out the form below and click the submit button.
NOTE: Red fields are required.