LARGE IRRIGATION ACREAGE INCLUDING TURF FARM, BUNDABERG
Location / Area
Riverview/Calavos area, 10 minutes from Bundaberg CBD
Property Type / Size
A profitable turf farm with sugar cane crops.
Total area is 175 acres (75 hectares) complete or available in 3 lots if required.
The property is on 3 titles and has a large 5 bedroom house, huge shed and equipment.
It is suitable for macadamias and other crops.
$1.8m for all 3 titles or Sale by neg per title
Lot 1 : 41.35HA (102 acres)
Lot 2 : 13.24HA (33 acres)
Lot 3 : 16.17HA (40 acres)
|Turf Cutting||Irrigator||Turf Irrigator|
This property is a professional turf and cane farm with potential to do other crops.
Turf Farm Operation
This is approximately 16 hectares (40 acres).
- Wintergreen, Couch and Empire Zoysia plantings
- Huge 9 bay shed with workshop
- Equipment including tractors (large and small), new turf planter, turf harvester, large new roller finisher mower
- New Valley 220 metre centre pivot irrigator, capable of covering the entire 16 hectares. It can be moved and used on other areas
- Sales of turf to all areas of South East Queensland including Sunshine Coast, Brisbane, Gold Coast and as far north as Rockhampton
- Other improvements for field and paddock preparation of turf areas
|Machinery Shed||Prime Turf Field||Newly Cut Area|
Soils / Land
The farm has sandy grey and red loam which currently produces quality cane and turf.
The land is level and rock free. It is suitable for macadamias and any variety of other crops.
|Mowing Turf||Cane Fields||Laying Turf|
The farm has 3 refurbished bores, each pumping approximately 26,000 gallons per hour.
Total water allocation is 458 megalitres per annum.
Two approved dam sites to capture natural run off from rain and irrigation.
|Turf to Market||Pallets of Turf||Turfed Subdivision|
This is a renovated family home of approximately 40 squares (approximately 400 square metres).
- 5 bedrooms (ideal for large families)
- Modern kitchen with electric stove, pantry area and ample bench space
- Dining room with ceiling fan (adjoins kitchen)
- Lounge/living area
- Modern bathroom with shower, vanity and toilet
- Full length verandah at rear
- Large lounge/living/rumpus room
- Office/storage room or 6th bedroom
- Modern bathroom with shower and toilet
- Double lock-up garage with access to house
|Front of House||Rear of House||Kitchen|
The house has:
- Own bore water supply
- Water storage tanks
- Screened windows and doors
- Bitumen road frontage
- Fenced yard at rear
- Lawns and gardens
- Views to river and rural areas
This is an ideal family home with ample living areas and room for entertaining.
This farm is:
- On bitumen road frontage
- Two minutes to boat ramp at Elliott River
- 10 minutes to Bundaberg CBD
|River||Elliott Heads River Mouth||Boat Ramp/River|
- Large coastal acreage with good soils and level land
- Ample water for irrigation
- Large 5 bedroom family home
- Huge farm shed and workshop
- Good income from cane and turf plus other crops
- Potential for macadamias or any other crop
- Chose all lots or separate to suit your needs
- 10 minutes to Bundaberg CBD
- 2 minutes to boat ramp and river (fishing, water sports etc)
- Tractors and equipment by negotiation
- Includes turf ready for sale (excellent cash flow)
This property offers a fantastic coastal lifestyle close to the great city of Bundaberg.
It is a rare opportunity to buy a “cash cow” with potential for further growth.
A printer friendly version of this page is available here.
If you wish to contact the owners via email please fill out the form below and click the submit button.
NOTE: Red fields are required.