NEWSAGENCY (LEASEHOLD), BANGALOW, NORTHERN RIVERS, NEW SOUTH WALES
Location / Area
Bangalow, Northern Rivers, New South Wales
Near Byron Bay and Ballina
Business Type / Size
A leasehold Newsagency servicing Bangalow and surrounding areas.
It is located in the main street of the funky town centre and is fully refurbished.
It is a rare opportunity to work and live in a lovely coastal area.
$399,000 plus SAV
This is a unique opportunity to buy one of the areas best businesses.
Bangalow is only 10 minutes to Byron Bay and the business has excellent turn over from both locals and a growing tourist trade.
Bangalow is a growing town with young affluent families.
This is situated in an old bank building with character and wide street frontage.
It adjoins a small park and has high exposure and rear access.
The business focuses on Newspapers, Magazines, Books, Stationary and Office supplies but also sells:
- Lotto & lottery
- Cigarettes & tobacco
It also offers photocopying and fax services to clients.
The business also includes a well stocked bookshop which is very popular and profitable. It
specializes in new release, children’s and cookery books.
It services clients from:
- Possum Creek
- Monday to Friday: 6:30am – 5:30pm
- Saturday: 6:30am – 12:30pm
- Sunday: 6:30am – 11:00am
The business supplies to other sub-newsagencies in the town and nearby villages
The business employs the owners plus two long serving, dedicated employees. One of these was recently awarded Newsagents Employee of the Year by the region’s newspaper (the Northern Star).
The newspaper deliveries are handled by a casual employee.
This town is:
- The jewel in the crown on the Northern Rivers
- Minutes to Byron Bay
- Has an affluent and active population
- The base for many festivals and events each year
- A tourist town with large visitor numbers
It has hotels, supermarket, boutique shops, cafes, restaurants and sporting facilities.
- Unique business opportunity in lovely Bangalow
- Fully computerised and easy to run
- Reliable efficient staff
- Main Street exposure
- New lease which is 5x5x3 (commenced 1.7.12 and ending in July 2025) i.e. approx 11 years to go.
- Fully refurbished shop in federation style
- Bookshop section includes (popular with locals and tourists)
- Room to expand product lines
- Potential for increased sales of stationary/office supplies
- Close to Coolangatta airport (40 minutes) and Gold Coast (50 minutes)
- Easy drive to Ballina (20 minutes) and Lismore (30 minutes)
|Main Street||Streetscape||Shop Displays|
Bangalow is a lovely town with a growing ‘sea change’ rural population.
The business is rock solid and is a rare opportunity to buy a Bangalow icon.
The town has a vibrant buzz to it, and further development will ensure population growth.
A printer friendly version of this page is available here.
If you wish to contact the owners via email please fill out the form below and click the submit button.
NOTE: Red fields are required.