25 ACRE HOBBY FARM, PETERBOROUGH, CENTRAL, SOUTH AUSTRALIA
Peterborough near Port Pirie, Clare Valley and Mt Lofty ranges. Peterborough, or 'Steam Town', is one of South Australia’s heritage railway tourist destinations.
This small farm has 25 productive acres, a renovated 2 storey stone home, circa 1873 (non heritage listed), with 3 large bedrooms, a cellar (used as a studio/office) and 2 living areas.
This property is excellent value for money, retire and be your own boss with income from the organic olives and fruit trees. It is only a 5 minute walk to the main town, Peterborough, with a hospital, schools (including a high school), post office, retail shops, hotels, Library and swimming pool.
|Master Bedroom (upstairs)||Upstairs Lounge||Staircase|
- Master bedroom (upstairs) with built in robe and great views of the township
- 1 large upstairs lounge with:
- Polished floor and Dutch gables
- Views overlooking orchard and township
- 2 large bedrooms (downstairs)
- Kitchen with servery, new electric oven and glass cook top
- 2 down stairs living areas
- Cellar (office/studio)
- 2 heaters (wood and gas)
- Ducted water evaporative system for cooling whole house
- 2 car garage
- Large workshop with ample bench space
- Large rear entertainment/BBQ area
- Front patio with private setting overlooking orchard
- Security windows
- Back to base alarm system
|Downstairs Bedroom||Downstairs Living Area||Kitchen|
Surrounding the house the landscape gardens and the award winning rose garden give a vibrant an attractive appeal to the property with the gazebo as an ideal retreat for those afternoon tea’s.
The organic orchard (100 trees) produces good quantities of apples, pears, peaches apricots, cherries, nectarines as well as other fruits. These can be sold to local fruit shops or markets as an additional passive income.
The olive grove consists of 1,000 fully irrigated olive trees (planted in 2000) and can easily be made ready for fruiting.
|Patio||Side Entrance||Rear Veranda|
The property has ample water with its own bore water well feeding 2 x 22,000 litre poly tanks. There are 3 x 10,000 litre rainwater tanks and is also connected to the town water supply. Other infrastructure, machinery and equipment includes:
- Chicken pen
- Three storage sheds
- New ride on mower
- Motor bike
- Fruit bottling outfit
- Water pumps and much more
|Rose Garden & Gazebo||Wishing Well||Gazebo|
- Comfortable 3 bedroom house with landscaped gardens and impressive views
- Double garage with fully workable workshop
- Abundant supply of good bore water plus town water
- Organic orchard with good and productive variety of fruit trees
- Organic olive grove with potential to earn income
- Very affordable shire rates
- 70 minutes to Port Pirie and 3 hours to Adelaide
- Completely private and peaceful yet conveniently close to town
- Safe, crime free area (ideal for young families)
- Friendly town with many activities and a great golf course
- Healthy (stress free) environment 3000 meters above sea level
- No unhealthy take away food outlets
|Carport & Workshop||Rainwater Tanks||Machinery Shed &|
This property is ideal for a family wishing to take advantage of the wholesome and friendly country lifestyle or semi retired couple wishing to keep active with the potential to create a passive income from the organic orchard and olives. Peterborough offers a refreshing change of lifestyle and has a diversity of rural settings ideal for the artist and crafts person. What ever the reason Peterborough is an up and coming community where your dollar still holds value.
A printer friendly version of this page is available here.
If you wish to contact the owners via email please fill out the form below and click the submit button.
NOTE: Red fields are required.