40 ACRE PLANTATION / LIFESTYLE PROPERTY WITH 3 BEDROOM HOME, B & B / FARMSTAY POTENTIAL.TOWNSVILLE, NORTH QUEENSLAND
Within the rural residential community of Majors Creek, south of Townsville, North Queensland.
40 acres (16 hectares) of prime rural land
with a quality 3 bedroom residence and single bedroom farmstay. The property has income producing mango and lychee orchards complete with irrigation system, large shed and flowing creek.
$850,000 or offer NEGOTIABLE
“Lazy Acres Plantation” is handy to a large vibrant regional centre situated on the coast. The property consists of 40 acres of sandy loam and alluvial soils fronting Major Creek with a grand backdrop of Mount Elliot and adjoining National Parkland.
|Producing Mango Orchard||Mango Orchard||Young Mangoes|
Major Creek has a spring fed source in Mt Elliot. This is typically a permanent source of water with a licence to irrigate from Major Creek. The property’s water and irrigation system features:
- High quality underground supplies within the property
- 2 x 10HP, 3 phase electric pumps with “nutria feed” systems
- Water is delivered to trees via under tree sprinkler systems
|Major Creek (& Mount Elliot)||Major Creek||Mount Elliot|
The mango and lychee orchards are fully operational and profitable (with good returns) and feature:
- Mango orchard: 2,300 producing trees
- Lychee orchard: 180 producing trees (netted)
- Fully irrigated
Shed and equipment:
- Large (365m²) steel framed shed
- 40m³ cold room
- All equipment and machinery necessary for a fully operational packing system, field machinery and full inventory needed to optimise fruit quality and yields (contact owners for full list).
|Front Lawns & Gardens||Driveway to House||Front of House|
This is a spacious
3 bedroom residence and single bedroom farmstay
, constructed of timber with iron roof. The house is nestled amongst rambling gardens with beautiful shade trees and features:
- Master bedroom with built in robes and ensuite
- 2 other bedrooms plus study (all with built ins )
- Timber and laminate country kitchen (7.2m x 3.6m) with:
- Ample bench and cupboard space
- Wall oven
- Ceramic hot plates with wok burner
- Central island bench
- 2 wall mounted fans
- Large living area (180m²)
- Family room with remote dining area and large viewing window
- Separate lounge
- Patio and laundry area (24m²)
- Enclosed front veranda/sleepout
- 11 metre inground swimming pool with tropical landscaping (fully fenced to Council requirements)
- Extensive paved entertaining areas (alcoves) under trees adjacent to house and swimming pool
- Greenhouse (30m²)
- Water storage tanks with 45,000 litre and 10,000 litre capacity (on high stand)
|Kitchen||Kitchen to Familyroom||Diningroom|
Other features include:
- Ceiling fans in all rooms
- 4 rooms including 3 bedrooms with split system air conditioning
- Rinnai gas room heater
- Sky lights and whirlybirds
- Ceilings and walls insulated
- Possum viewing window
- Rambling lawns and gardens with established shade trees
|Family/Diningroom||Possum Viewing Window|
This is a fully restored heritage building, fully self contained with kitchen and rear deck.
The property is located:
- 4km from Mt Elliot National Park
- 8km from Flinders Highway
- 27km from Bruce Highway at Giru
- 50km (35 minutes) from Townsville city centre and 25 minutes to supermarkets and retail shops
|Main Bathroom||Master Bedroom||Loungeroom|
- Lifestyle property with orchard offering significant returns (financials available)
- Spacious 3 bedroom home with quality inclusions
- Abundant water from Major Creek and rainwater storage tanks
- Rural oasis with tranquillity and seclusion
- Property improvements and systems enabling undertaking of other full time occupations if desired
- Large reserves of high quality water giving the property an almost drought free status
- Overlooks picturesque Mt Elliot National Park offering bushwalking and camping (both relaxed and challenging forms)
- Owner offers assistance/guidance for a predetermined settling in period
- There is potential for improving returns from the orchard and the farmstay
|Paved Area (Alcove)||Landscaped Pool Area||Pool (& Rear of House)|
There is potential for improving returns from the orchard, establishing a farm stay or running a few horses. Its proximity to Townsville secures the property’s value well into the future particularly in view of Townsville’s role as the industrial and residential hub for the booming mineral fields of its hinterland (see: www.townsvilleonline.com.au). The ‘Lazy Acre’ label has established a reputation as a consistently high quality product and demands premium prices on the southern markets.
This is a rare opportunity to acquire a prime property riparian to Major Creek. After 27 years of nurturing, improving and enjoying the property’s wonderful qualities, the owners (with reluctance) are planning to embark on a new direction in their lives, leaving the property in a healthy state for new occupants.
Please contact the owners to arrange an inspection of this beautiful and profitable property while it is still available.
A printer friendly version of this page is available here.
If you wish to contact the owners via email please fill out the form below and click the submit button.
NOTE: Red fields are required.