40 ACRE PLANTATION / LIFESTYLE PROPERTY WITH 3 BEDROOM HOME, B&B / FARMSTAY. TOWNSVILLE, NORTH QUEENSLAND
Rural Oasis 40 acre Plantation with Abundant Crystal Clear Water, Lifestyle Property with 3 Bedroom Home including Established B & B and Farmstay.
Experience the serenity located at the base of beautiful Mt Elliot National Park.
This little gem is reluctantly being offered for sale by it's present owner of 34 years.
Situated within the fertile rural residential community of Majors Creek, 30 minutes south of Townsville, North Queensland.
- 4 klm from Mt Elliot National Park
- 8 klm from Flinders Highway
- 27 klm from Bruce Highway at Giru
- 50 km from Townsville City Centre and 25 minutes to supermarkets
40 acres of prime rural land with a quality 3 bedroom residence with sleepout, including separate Double B & B Accomodation and self-contained caravan Farm Stay. The property has income producing mango and lychee orchards complete with an abundant supply of quality water. The property also includes a well maintained irrigation system, large packing shed and includes exclusive creek frontage to Majors Creek. The property has 5 acres set aside within the orchard for self-contained caravans and a restored historical railway station provides double accomodation for B & B and farmstay tenents. Option of further 27 acres ajoining this property.
|Aerial shot of house|
"Lazy Acres Plantation" is only a 30 minute drive from Townsville. The property is a working mango and lychee farm with over 2000 productive trees.
The Homestead is nestled among shady tropical gardens and features a solar heated swimming pool with extensive outdoor living areas.
The local Primary School is 7 klm from home with a bus service to Secondary Schools in Townsville.
'Lazy Acres' is blessed with an unlimited water supply of crystal clear underground water and has riparian rights to Majors Creek.
|Producing Mango Orchard||Mango Orchard||Young Mangoes||Entrance|
Majors Creek has a spring fed source in Mt Elliot. This is typically a permanent source of water from Majors Creek. The property's water and irrigation system features:
- Riparian Rights to Majors Creek
- High quality underground supplies from within the property x 3 bores
- 2 x 10HP, 3 phase electric pumps with "nutria feed" systems
- Water is delivered to trees via under tree sprinker systems.
- Southern Cross windmill with bore.
|Major Creek (& Mount Elliot)||Major Creek||Mount Elliot|
The Mango and Lychee Orchards are fully operational and profitable with good returns (financials available).
- Mango orchard: 2,300 producing trees
- Lychee orchard: 180 producing trees (netted)
- Fully irrigated
Shed and equipment:
- Large (365m2) Steel Framed Shed
- 40m3 Cold Room (6 pallet)
- All equipment and machinery necessary for a fully operational picking and packing system
- All equipment and machinery needed to optomise fruit quality and yields
- Contact Owner for full list.
|Finished Produce||Fruit Trees||Fruit Trees|
This is a spacious 3 bedroom residence with a sleepout offering extra farmstay accomodation. The homestead is constucted of timber with an iron roof and is nestled amongst rambling gardens featuring beautiful historic shade trees.
- Fully Air Conditioned throughout
- 5kw Solar Panels
- Ceilings and walls fully insulated
- Master bedroom with built-in robes and ensuite
- 2 Other Bedrooms with built-in robes
- Study with built-in cupboards
- Timber and Laminate Country Kitchen (7.2m x3.6m) with:
- Ample Bench Space
- Wall Oven
- Ceramic Hot Plates with Wok Burner
- Central Island Bench
- 2 Wall Mounted Fans
- Large Living Area (258m2)
- East Facing Timber Verandah 12 x 6.5m
- Family room with remote dining area and large garden/wild life viewing window
- Separate Formal Lounge Room
- Patio and Laundry area (24m2)
- Enclosed front veandah (sleep out)
- Rinnai gas room heater
- Skylights and whirley birds
- 11 metre solar-heated inground swimming pool with tropical landscaping (fully fenced to council specifications)
- Extensive shaded paved entertaining areas under trees adjacent to house and swimming pool
- Greenhouse (30m2) Water Storage Tanks with 45,000 litre and 10,000 (on high stand) litre capacity
|Kitchen||Kitchen to Familyroom||Diningroom||Front Lawns & Gardens|
B & B and Farmstay:
Bambaroo Lodge is a restored heritage railway building, fully self contained, air-conditioned, with kitchen and rear deck overooking a private manicured lawn and surrounded by shady fruit trees.
Further B & B accomodation is availabe in the historical main homestead. A renovated original heritage building adjacent to the shed and swimming pool is currently used as a museum. The Self Contained Caravan Farmstay offers numerous shady sites.
|Main Bathroom||Master Bedroom||Living Room||Family/Diningroom|
- Overlooks picturesque Mt Elliot National Park offering bushwalking and camping.
- The Homestead's large timber verandah has excellent potential for tea rooms and is currently servicing farm stay caravans and B & B visitors for morning tea.
- Potential for tourist expansion offering shady, secluded caravan site accomodation within 30 minutes of Townsville.
- B & B accomodadation is currently advertised on Air B & B and self/contained
- Farmstay is currently advertised on Wiki Camps.
- The Heritage building currently used as a museum has potential for conversion to another B & B.
- Further potential for improving returns from the B & B and Farm stay.
|Paved Area (Alcove)||Landscaped Pool Area||Pool (& Rear of House)|
The location of this property to Townsville secures the property's value well into the future, particularly in view of Townsvilles residential hub for the booming mineral fields of it's hinterland.
This is a rare opportunity to acquire a prime property riparian to Major Creek.
After 34 years the owner (with reluctance) is prepared to sell, leaving the property in a healthy state for it's new occupants.
Owner offers assistance/guidance for a pre-determined settling in period.
A printer friendly version of this page is available here.
If you wish to contact the owners via email please fill out the form below and click the submit button.
NOTE: Red fields are required.