VARIETY STORE PLUS HARDWARE AND COMPUTERS, QUORN SOUTH AUSTRALIA
Quorn near Port Augusta, Flinders Ranges South Australia
Buckaringa Better Buy Market is a general store selling a huge variety of goods including grocery lines, hardware, home wares, computer parts and accessories, stationery/office supplies, mobile phones and gifts. It also sells takeaway food, drinks and ice creams.
$125,000 Leasehold (plus S.A.V)
$360,000 Freehold property (plus GST)
This is a unique business that has potential to grow in future years. It sells a wide range of goods that were not readily available in the town. The use of EFTPOS would increase sales as, to date, the business only trades in cash (no credit cards).
|Store Entrance||Front Display (gardening)||Front Display (plants)|
The Buckaringa Better Buy Market features:
- Large highly visible signage
- Large renovated shop area (air conditioned)
- Ample street parking
- Internet café area
- Cool room
- Storage rooms, kitchen, bathroom and toilets
- Steel framed storage shed
- 30m² nursery shed (covered with shade cloth)
- Living area (ideal residence for a couple or small family)
|PC Parts & Accessories||Office/Craft Supplies||Blank CDs & DVDs|
The business specialises in:
- Computer parts, accessories and repairs
- Printer paper and cartridges
- Gifts and jewellery
- Home wares, haberdashery and linen
- Cards, stationery and confectionery
- Mobile phones, recharge cards and phone cards
- Photocopying and printing (brochures and posters)
- Photo developing and restoration
- Hardware lines including garden products (plants, pots, fertilizers and potting mix)
- Camping gear, toys, DVDs, music CDs and videos
- Basic groceries and cleaning supplies
- Drinks and ice creams
- Thai food (takeaway)
The store’s customer base includes:
- Quorn residents
- Farmers and station owners/personnel from the area
- Tourists visiting the Flinders Ranges
- Backpackers and weekend visitors (including 4WD enthusiasts)
- Travellers (grey nomads etc)
The store’s trading hours are:
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday – 9am to 6pm
- Sunday – 10am to 6pm
- Tuesday – closed for restocking (stock from Adelaide) and day off
- Currently open 6 days a week (could easily be operated 7 days)
- Install an EFTPOS machine for debit and credit card sales
- Do other takeaway hot foods
- Include additional stock lines (clothing etc)
|Storage Area & Coolroom||Kitchen Area||Resident Bathroom|
- Excellent turn over and profits
- Increasing sales levels
- Potential to increase sales with EFTPOS facilities installed
- Freehold property available
- Minimal competition nearby
- Located in the centre of Quorn’s retail district
- Ample parking and good exposure
- Growing population in the town
- Varied income streams
- Spacious premises including residence
|Side of Building||To Rear of Building||Ample Parking (Front)|
Historic Quorn is the starting point for tourists visiting the Flinders Ranges and it is where the well renowned Buckaringa Better Buy Market is located. Tourist attractions include Wilpena Pound Resort, Brachina Gorge Geological Trail and Arkaroola Settlement and Resort. The business is well established and has enormous potential to increase its sale levels. The town has a steadily growing population and a plentiful water supply.
It is only a short drive to Port Augusta (40kms) and many of the new residents have partners who work in the mines or gas exploration at Moomba and Roxby Downs and commute home for the weekends.
Make an appointment to inspect this great business and see its potential for yourself. It offers a rural lifestyle and good income with the opportunity to own the property (freehold). Use the link at the bottom of the page and visit their website for the complete story on the business and area.
A printer friendly version of this page is available here.
If you wish to contact the owners via email please fill out the form below and click the submit button.
NOTE: Red fields are required.