6700 ACRE BEEF CATTLE PROPERTY, MONTO, CENTRAL QUEENSLAND
Monto, North Burnett region, central Queensland
“Beigogo” is a highly productive beef cattle property of 6,761 acres (2,736 hectares). The property includes a 5 bedroom homestead, a 2 bedroom cottage, sheds, yards with quality fencing and is ideal for a wide variety of agricultural/horticultural uses.
“Beigogo” is recognised as one of the areas best properties with:
- Direct access to Three Moon Creek
- Carrying capacity of 450 breeders
- 4 large paddocks (above Cania Dam)
- 8 smaller paddocks
- Spring fed water holes
- 6 dams
- 4 bay farm shed
- Truck shed
- Quality yards, dip and ramp
- 5 bedroom homestead
- 2 bedroom cottage
|Entrance Gateway||Entrance & Plains||Entrance and Plains|
This is a large quality 5 bedroom family home constructed of Hoop Pine with external concrete render and verandas on 3 sides.
- 3 large bedrooms with built in robes
- 2 other large bedrooms
- All bedrooms open onto the verandas
- Large kitchen and dining area with heater (where fuel stove originally was)
- Large central lounge/TV/living room
- Large bathroom
- Downstairs laundry
- 2 garages under the house
- Ample water for home consumption, lawns and gardens
|Open Plains||Open Plains||Open Plains|
This is a 2 bedroom besser block building, currently decommissioned. It has a hot water service, power and water but needs a kitchen, bathroom and toilet hardware.
The cottage could be used for:
- In law accommodation
- Farm stay accommodation
|Plains & Cattle||Plains & Cattle||Plains & Cattle|
“Beigogo” has been utilised for beef cattle production and has been operating in the past as a fattening centre for heifers and as a breeding property for Brahma and Zebu cross cattle.
- Quality yards with covered crush, dip and loading ramp
- Ample shade trees
The property is ideally suited for:
- Cattle breeding
- Cattle fattening
- Lot feeding
|Buffel Paddock||Paspalum Plains||Cultivation Plains|
There are arable areas for cropping and irrigation. These have not been cultivated in many years but would be ideal for fodder production such as:
- Triticale (cereal) etc
Rainfall and Water
The area has approximately 28 inches annual rainfall. Three Moon Creek runs through the property and it would be suitable for Keyline water production (storage).
|Creek Flats||Three Moon Creek||Three Moon Creek|
The country goes from alluvial creek flats rising to high country on the boundary. Approximately ⅓ of the property is steep and the entire property is currently used for grazing.
“Beigogo” is dissected by Clonmel Road which is used by tourists visiting the WW II plane “Betsy” at Kroombit Tops. This give the property potential for additional tourism income via:
- B & B operation
- Tourist cabins
- Farm Stay operation
- Bird watching
- 4WD park
|Drafting Yard||Yards & Troughs||Branding Cradle|
The property could also be used for:
- Aqua culture
- Seed production (Rhodes grass)
- Spring/mineral water production
- Horticultural uses (fruit trees/roses etc)
|Yards & Loading Ramp||Yards & Weaners||Yard Gate|
- Improved pastures and arable areas on the creek flats (i.e. Rhodes grass)
- Natural native grasses on the grazing country which include:
- Native blue grass
- Block spear
These are ideal for beef cattle and ensure decent quantities of quality feed to fatten cattle of any kind.
|Holding Paddock||Holding Paddock Gate||Herd Bull|
- Property is in a prime rural area
- Quality 5 bedroom family home with ample water
- School bus 16kms
- Irrigation licence with choice cultivation areas
- Great natural pastures
- Areas suitable for tourism (Farm Stay/B & B/Health Farm)
- Approximately 45 minutes to Monto (shops, schools, hospital etc)
- Beautiful climate
- Close to Cania Dam
- Close to well known tourist areas and National Parks
- Broadband Internet and satellite TV connected (to house)
|To Creek from Yards||Dam||To Creek/Holding Paddock|
“Beigogo” has a high carrying capacity and is in a beautiful valley with its own microclimate. It has been a show piece property in the past and only needs minimal effort to return it to a sensational property with high returns and the availability of water being a very positive factor. The area is very unique and possesses a natural beauty. The balance of improved and natural pastures allow for optimum cattle fattening. The creek flats are ideal for cropping and can provide extra fodder for beef production.
|Homestead & Cottage||Open Plains near House||Mt Beigogo|
This is a beautiful property with a proven track record that is worthy of any inspection.
A printer friendly version of this page is available here.
If you wish to contact the owners via email please fill out the form below and click the submit button.
NOTE: Red fields are required.