105 ACRES OF PARTLY CLEARED FARMING LAND, MERRIWA, UPPER HUNTER VALLEY NSW
Merriwa, approximately 20 minutes to Merriwa Village, Upper Hunter Valley NSW
105 acres (42.5 hectares) of partly cleared farming land with 3 dams plus a 3 bedroom solar powered and furnished cottage. This fully fenced property is suitable as a lifestyle farm (running cattle), a weekend bush retreat and for 4WDriving, horse riding trails etc.
The boundaries have been fully cleared and fenced, ready for running cattle/livestock if desired. There is ample timber on the property with abundant dead wood on the ground for firewood. There is provision for driving/riding trails throughout the property for 4WDriving and horse riding.
|Drive off Main Road||Cleared Front Blocks||Cleared Front Blocks|
- Fully fenced and in good order
- Fully cleared boundaries (as per Rural Fire Services)
- Ready to run livestock
- 2 large dams
- 1 smaller dam for stock/wildlife and irrigation
- Good average annual rainfall (25”)
- Cattle yard and crush in place (needs some work)
- Heavily timbered with Iron Bark plus ample dead wood (firewood)
- All weather drive
- Ample native flora and fauna
|Stockyard and Ramp||Top Dam||2nd Dam Near House|
The Furnished Cottage
The steel framed 3 bedroom cottage is built on a concrete slab and runs on gas and a computerised solar power system. There is ample water from 3 rainwater tanks (for household use) and the cottage and LP gas fittings have full Council approval.
|The Cottage||Cottage from Drive||Rear View with Tanks|
The Cottage Features:
- 3 bedrooms (carpeted)
- Neat kitchen with gas stove
- Open plan living and dining areas
- Combustion wood heater
- 2 bathrooms
- Gas hot water system
- 2 separate toilets (septic system)
- Carpet and slate flooring
- 2 rainwater tanks for bath/toilet/laundry use
- 1 rainwater tank for drinking water
- Computer controlled solar system with inverter for 240volt supply
- Large lock up garage (7m x 6m) for cars and farm machinery
- Extra solar panels at garage for battery charging
|Kitchen||Dining Area||Lounge/Living Area|
- Fully fenced
- Partly cleared, partly timbered land
- 2 large dams plus smaller dam (waterhole)
- Furnished 3 bedroom cottage
- Computerised solar power system
- LP gas water and cooking
- Large double door shed for cars and machinery
- Ample rainwater (25” p.a.) and storage
- Ready firewood throughout property
- Excellent areas for trail riding and 4WDs
- 10 minutes to fossicking and camping areas
- 15 minutes to State Forest Lookout (Eastern Dividing Range)
- 20 minutes to Merriwa Village
- 20 minute drive to Goulburn River
- 1 ½ hours to Mudgee for all major town facilities and employment
- 1 hour to Muswellbrook for employment (mines)
|Wood Heater||Main Bedroom||2nd Bedroom|
This property could either be utilised as a lifestyle farm for running livestock, as a farm stay setup or as a weekend bush retreat. There are plenty of tourist destinations to visit in and around the area, such as historic Mudgee which is only 1 ½ hours drive from Merriwa through beautiful vineyards and verdant grazing country and 4 ½ hours drive from Sydney. Mudgee is nestled in a soft green valley with clear streams and rivers, lush vineyards and gentle grazing slopes for sheep (renowned for their "superfine” wool) and cattle.
|Solar Panels||Garage & Tank||Garage/Machinery Shed|
A printer friendly version of this page is available here.
If you wish to contact the owners via email please fill out the form below and click the submit button.
NOTE: Red fields are required.