RURAL RETREAT ON 4.4 ACRES, MENINDEE, FAR WEST NSW
Menindee, in the far central West of NSW
A small productive farm with a 2 bedroom house plus caravan, carport, cool room and sheds. The property includes 300 mandarin trees and an 8 mega litre water licence from the Darling River.
This property, located only 100 metres from the Darling River, is the ideal hobby farm for a couple wanting a small income (approximately $30,000) with a quiet and peaceful rural lifestyle. The owners also get extra income from their free range eggs which they sell locally to the Menindee shop and residents. The orchard is fertilised from the chicken manure as an organic alternative.
|Dam & Pump||Mandarin Orchard||Mandarin Orchard|
The property has:
- 2 bedroom dwelling with rainwater storage tanks
- 2 pressure pumps at the house for house and garden
- Large caravan with bathroom & toilet plus shade cover (ideal for guests)
- 2 pumps from the river for irrigation and house
- Irrigation set up to citrus trees
- High 6ft iron fence around the perimeter
- 300 highly productive Mandarin trees
- Shade trees
- Large water storage dam
- Green lawns
- Chicken house for 150 chickens
|Mandarin Orchard||Mandarin Orchard||Mandarin Orchard|
The property is:
- Located in a quiet rural area
- Less than a kilometre from Menindee shops and school
- 100 metres to the Darling River (swimming, fishing and water sports)
- 113kms (1 ½ hours) from the city of Broken Hill
- 246kms (3 ½ hours) to Mildura, Victoria
|Coolroom||Water Storage Tank||Water Storage Tank|
- Very affordable price range
- Comfortable 2 bedroom residence plus caravan (with own shower and toilet)
- Income from (organic) citrus production and free range eggs
- 8 mega litre water licence
- Pressure pumps for house and gardens
- Fully irrigated
- Great shed and cool room
- Close to shops, schools
- Good local community
|The House||Living Area||Kitchen/Bedroom|
Menindee, known for its citrus orchards, table grapes and vegetable cultivation, is surrounded by 20 freshwater lakes, fed by the Darling River (the Menindee lake system), that abound with wildlife and waterbirds living among back waters and drowned forests. Located 113kms from the city of Broken Hill, it is a land of contrast with massive lakes against a dry landscape. The famous Maiden’s Hotel (in Menindee) is well know as the resting place for Burke and Wills in 1860, during their expedition of the Darling River.
Other local tourist destinations are:
The Kinchega National Park
- Aboriginal sites
- Emu Lake and Lake Cawndilla
- The Darling River
- Canoeing and swimming
- Kinchega Woolshed
- Bird watching
|Lake Menindee||The Lake at Dusk||Mutawintji National Park|
Mutawintji National Park
- Colourful gorges
- Aboriginal rock art
This property is an ‘outback’ gem and offers excellent value for money. It has abundant water, a good income from the citrus fruit (also suitable for vegetables, herbs and other small crops) with a comfortable residence. It is in a good community with just minutes to the village centre for school, shops, clubs, hotel etc and is just metres from the Darling River.
A printer friendly version of this page is available here.
If you wish to contact the owners via email please fill out the form below and click the submit button.
NOTE: Red fields are required.