**SOJOURN STATION ARTISTS RETREAT & CRAFT CENTRE, SOUTHERN RIVERINA, SOUTHERN NSW**
Berrigan, near Deniliquin and the Murray River, Southern NSW
This unique property is set on 15 acres (6.07 hectares) of rural parklands. The land is on 3 titles of 5 acres (2.023 hectares) each. The residence, art studio/gallery, historical curios and numerous other buildings are all located on one of the 3 titles.
Sojourn Station is located 1km from the village of Berrigan and river towns such as:
- Cobram and The Murray River – 36 ½kms (30 minutes)
- Tocumwal – 46kms (30 minutes)
- Yarrawonga – 61kms (50 minutes)
With easy driving distances to major towns such as:
- Shepparton VIC – 113kms (1 ½ hours)
- Albury NSW – 132kms (1 ½ hours)
- Melbourne VIC – 311kms (3 ½ hours)
The house is constructed of brick veneer, circa 1998, is of open plan design and has 2 large bedrooms with built in robes, ducted air conditioning throughout plus garage and carport.
|Lounge Room||Open Landscape||Dining Room|
The studio/gallery contains a 27ft x 18ft display/workroom with a large separate kitchen/dining area, storeroom/bedroom with air conditioning and features an antique pot bellied stove. Connected to the studio are 2 railway guard vans.
|Studio||Studio Gallery||View to Log Cabin|
Vintage Train Carriages:
One is a 1st class carriage and has 8 compartments with historical black & white photographs and pressed tin features, currently used as visitors accommodation. The other is a 2nd class carriage that has been converted into 3 work spaces with a large covered recreation area between the 2 carriages.
|Train Carriage||Carriage Corridor||1st Class Compartment|
Railway Station circa 1913:
Half of the original Berrigan railway station has been relocated to the grounds and is currently used as a display and storage area.
Sheds on the property are:
- Pottery shed fitted with a large gas kiln
- Workshop (32ft x 35ft)
- Three sided shed (114ft x 22ft)
- 2nd three sided shed (49ft x 24ft)
- Very comfortable 2 bedroom home, recently built and low maintenance
- Separate studio/gallery, perfect for creative pursuits
- Unique historical buildings and curios
- Tranquil and private location
- 3 seperate titles, one has all the buildings, the other 2 are cleared blocks ready for development
- Close to the delightful village of Berrigan with town services and excellent sporting facilities
- Nearby to the mighty Murray River (30 minutes)
- Subdivision potential
|Baker Cart||Railway Station||Vintage Caravan|
This would be a great opportunity for new owners to enjoy a idyllic and peaceful lifestyle in a parkland setting. There is abundant native fauna & flora amid a surrounding landscape that can only inspire the artist in you.
The house, buildings, sheds and curios are located on one 5 acre parkland block leaving the other 2 blocks untouched and ready to be developed making this property an excellent investment opportunity for the astute buyer.
A printer friendly version of this page is available here.
If you wish to contact the owners via email please fill out the form below and click the submit button.
NOTE: Red fields are required.