260 ACRES MIXED FARMING WITH RIVER FRONT, NORTH QUEENSLAND
Millaroo, Burdekin River, near Ayr, North Queensland. It is approximately:
- 50 km from Ayr
- 120km south of Townsville
- 1.5 hrs from Whitsundays
Versatile property with Burdekin River frontage. Consists of:
- 110 acres cultivation with a secure 310 megalitre water allocation.
- 150 acres grazing lease along Burdekin River.
Property includes a 3 bedroom home with office and 5kw solar system.
Also included are shed with backpacker accommodation, passionfruit packing facility, some machinery, approx 2000 tonnes cane for 2018 and 5 acres passionfruit to be planted by end of 2017 for 2018 harvest.
The property has its own private access to the Burdekin River.
This consists of:
- 60 acres freehold alluvial river loam soil.
- 50 acres of which is under sugarcane/mung bean rotation
Watered via 15 inch under ground pipes delivering water to outlets in paddock for flood irrigation. There is 10 acres of v trellis used for production of passionfruit. Rotated annually so each year 5 acres is planted fresh and other 5 acres is spelled. This is watered via drip irrigation from a southern cross 100 x 65 pump coupled to 22kw motor with variable speed drive with netafim sand filters with automatic backflushing. There is a main line from pump that traverses the block allowing extra drip irrigation to be established for other alternate crops.
This consists of:
- 20 acres freehold and 30 acres leasehold.
- These 2 blocks are farmed as one unit and fully fenced from pigs and wallabies with water supplied via 15 inch underground pipes with infield risers.
- Currently 20 acres is new plant cane
- 25 acres mung beans. Soil is alluvial river loam
- 144 acres of grazing lease running along Burdekin River and is fenced.
House is a comfortable 3 bedroom home with office.
- 1 bedroom with built in robes
- Living and dining areas
- Walk in pantry
- Large office
- Tiled and timber floors
- Large outdoor living/bbq area
- Two car large lean to garage
- 5kw solar system on shed roof that nearly covers power bill
There is a general purpose shed with passionfruit packing/grading machine, an upstairs backpacker accommodation with kitchen, toilet/shower etc.
Comfortably house 6 backpackers.
|Produce||Packing||Workers Accommodation |
Included in the sale is some machinery consisting of:
- New Holland 4135 4wd air conditioned orchard tractor
- 686 international tractor
- 674 international tractor
- Croplands airblast sprayer 2200 litres
- 6ft superior slasher
- 6ft howard rotary hoe
- Komatsu 2.5 ton forklift gas/petrol
- 2007 Honda trx 250 quad bike
- Trash rake
- 2 back blades
- Deep ripper grubber tynes
- V trellis hedger
- 800 litre Silvan 8 metre hydraulic fold boom spray
- 7ft mulcher
- 1200 litre hardi tank on trailer for spraying under vine weeds
- 2 tonne picking trailer hill up boards
- Coulter ripper two row
- Land plane
- 22 plate disc plough and roller
- Stock crate (suitable landcruiser ute)
- Quantity treated pine posts
- Various workshop items eg three phase welder, bench grinder
- 3 soil moisture probes which can be remotely accessed to constantly monitor moisture levels in crops two row trash incorporator
- 2 row deep ripper
- Fluming roller
- Secure water allocation
- Alluvial river loam soils
- Diverse range of income
- Burdekin River frontage
Options with irrigation infrastructure to grow wide range of crops Machinery and plant included comfortable family home school bus at gate
(primary school at Millaroo, 3 High schools in Ayr, Government remote assistancefor baording away eg: Townsville Grammar, Charters Towers)
A printer friendly version of this page is available here.
If you wish to contact the owners via email please fill out the form below and click the submit button.
NOTE: Red fields are required.