Remember...the best person to sell YOUR property is YOU!
88 ACRE COASTAL FARM WITH HUGE POTENTIAL / LIFESTYLE, PORT STEPHENS, NSW
Bobs Farm, Port Stephens area, near Newcastle, NSW
Property Type / Size
A well developed 88 Acre (35.88 Hectare) productive farm ideal for agricultural, horticultural and/or tourism pursuits.
Development includes a quality brick veneer 3-bedroom family home and adjacent annex building. Fully insulated and on high ground, the house is fanned by sea breezes and overlooks the flatland paddocks which are mostly cleared for grazing. Ample fresh water tanks and licensed bores provide drought-proof farming and a pleasant lifestyle. Installed pumps and piping systems provide fire protection as well as servicing cattle troughs and former gardens.
This drought-resistant property is close to Newcastle Airport and only 40 minutes to Newcastle CBD. Sydney too is just 2 hours away via the F3 Freeway with four easy access routes to the north and south.
The farm is well developed and maintained with fenced paddocks and a permanent 5 megalitres water licence.
Formerly a dairy farm, the property is Zone 1(a) Agriculture, potentially sustaining two cottages and has been used for beef cattle fattening, horse agistment and native flower horticulture. Due to its ready availability of sub-terranean water, consideration might also be given to water buffalo management and cheese manufacture.
Typical land use for the immediate region includes orchards, vineyards, avocado and olive groves, oyster and fish farms, hydroponic and/or ground-planted vegetables, cattle fattening lots and other tourism ventures such as Farm-Stay and B&B. Any number of these activities is also suitable for this property.
|Cattle||Cattle||Farm Annex Building|
- Well maintained, fenced and drained flatland paddocks plus elevated and irrigated grazing land.
- Abundant natural grasses.
- Formal NSW 5-megalitre water licence.
- 3 bores and two electric pumping systems and one back-up petrol pump.
- Established irrigation and fire protection network service.
- Reliable 3 phase heavy duty electricity supply connected.
- Native flower and bush horticulture areas with in-ground auto-controlled irrigation circuits.
- High ground area (20% cleared) irrigated, ready for winter feed growing using bore water and travelling irrigator.
- Some significant tree stands.
- Good annual rainfall of between 1,100mm and 1,200mm per annum (sufficient to support any agricultural, horticultural and/or aqua-cultural pursuits).
- Ideal for horse and cattle agistment or cattle feedlot facility.
- Established infrastructure (pressurised water to troughs, cattle yards, crush, loading ramp, etc).
- Paddocks with fencing and drainage in good order.
- Farm machinery shed (60ft x 24 ft) and small sheds nearer the house.
- 4-ton Hydraulic Excavator, 68 hp Tractor, 6 ft slasher and general farm equipment available (by negotiation).
- Newly re-constructed heavy capacity access road from main gate to house and with trailer turning area at shed and to house paving area.
Country living in an elevated quality family home constructed of brick veneer over termite-resistant cypress frame, fully-insulated, and with a Colorbond roof. Ample fresh-water tanks fully supply house and annexe requirements as well as 40,000 litre swimming pool. Large paved and grassed areas surround the house and adjacent orchard zone.
The layout is open plan and by being built on high ground overlooking the grazing paddocks, excellent views with regular and ample breezes through cross-ventilation are ensured with the aid of screened sliding doors and windows.
|Front of House|
- Private and elevated location surrounded by bush with northerly views.
- Master bedroom with en-suite and walk-in robe.
- 2 other bedrooms with built in robes.
- Separate lounge and dining rooms.
- Large kitchen opening onto the family room.
- Large main bathroom (with room for a spa).
- Floors with cork and ceramic tiles.
- Ducted vacuum system throughout, including the annexe building.
- Auto LP gas heating.
- Solar hot water or Off-Peak electricity.
- Fully-insulated walls and roof in both buildings.
- Large screened entertaining area with easy access to pool.
- Extensive paved area and undercover parking.
- Well cleared area surrounding house and annexe.
- Comprehensive back to base security system in house and annexe along with secure door/window locks.
- Office/Guest Accommodation.
- Established gardens and orchard.
- ADSL has been installed previously and although currently disconnected, all cabling and capability remains for re-connection
- Quality family home with rural views
- 5 large rainwater tanks for house and annexe use (45,000 Litres)
- Separate office / guest accommodation building
- Ample sheds plus quality cattle yards
- Quiet elevated location close to beaches and Port Stephens Water Wonderland.
- Excellent coastal property with good rainfall and potential for a number of income producing activities from the irrigated areas and agricultural land.
- Ample opportunities to develop leisure interests and/or rural businesses.
- Temperate climate.
- Close to established tourist, commercial and business areas.
- Growing population area with very good capital growth potential.
- 15 minutes to major airline direct connections to Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne and major regional centres.
- 4 easy access routes to main Pacific Highway (north and south) and New England Highway.
- Less than 200 km to Sydney via the M1.
- Approximately half-way between Newcastle and Shoal Bay (30 minutes).
This property is an affordable coastal property with unlimited potential.
It has a lovely family home, guest accommodation / office building, ample water plus sheds, yards and ample green paddocks.
This is a lifestyle property that is easily adapted to many kinds of income producing activities.
Inspect now to see for yourself.
|Contact:||Call our office on 1300 139 351 during business hours|