197 ACRE FISH HATCHERY/FARM, CHILDERS, FRASER COAST QLD
Location / Area
7km’s from the centre of Childers, Fraser Coast, Queensland.
Near Bundaberg, Maryborough and Hervey Bay.
Property Type / Size
Ausyfish is a 79.71 Hectare (Approx 200 Acre) Hatchery Farm featuring 127 fish ponds, 4 water storage dams and hatchery buildings.
There is also a 3 bedroom house included with the business.
For detailed information on the business - please visit www.ausyfish.com
‘Ausyfish’ has been in operation since 1988 and has grown to be the largest hatchery of its type in Australia. The business is the first to receive a Hatchery Accreditation with the Aquaculture Association of Queensland (AAQ).
|Aerial Shot||79.71 Hectare Hatchery||Over 200 Approved Species|
They are a specialist fish hatchery producing Australian native fish for both aquarium and grow-out-for- the-table markets.
- Species include larvae and fingerlings of
- Jade perch
- Silver perch
- Golden perch
- Sleepy Cod
- A large range of exotic aquarium fish
|Blowers||127 Earth Fish Ponds||Water to Ponds|
Ausyfish has strong reputation within the Australian Aquaculture industry. Ausyfish are successful exporters of Australian native fish. They have a well established customer base , sending consignments of fish all over Australia. With the potential to greatly increase production due to the recent upgrades, the business is set to continue expanding into the lucrative ornamental market.
|Automatically Controlled Aerators ||Climate Control Room||Hatchery|
Extensive renovations and upgrades over the past 3 years have improved the efficiency and production potential of the hatchery and pond areas. The Hatchery includes:
- 4 water storage dams
- 127 earth fish ponds
- New harvest sumps in large ponds
- Large spawning area
- New underground power to ponds
- New underground air to ponds
- New underground water mains to ponds
- New automatically controlled aerators
- New laboratory
- New climate control room
- New quarantine room
- New fish holding building
|Laboratory ||Quarantine Room||Spawning Area|
- 3 phase power
- Aquaculture approval in perpetuity
- Over 200 approved species
- Hatchery approved under AAQ code of practice
- Hatchery operates under Queensland Government Fish Health Certification Program
- Aquaculture work experience facility ,training students wanting to enter the industry
|Underground Power||Hatchery||Harvest Sumps|
This is a high set 3 bedroom Queenslander home, it features:
- Large wide veranda extending the full width of the house
- Very high ceilings
- Parking under the house for up to 4 cars.
- Excellent views over the main ponded area of the farm
- Good sized recently renovated bathroom
- Sun room
- Dining room
- Very large kitchen, with:
- 6 burner gas stove
- Range hood
- Heaps of cupboard space
- Established business in a growing market.
- Potential to expand exports.
- Extensive renovations completed recently, increasing production and efficiency.
- Developed infrastructure
- Comfortable 3 Bedroom home
A well established customer base secures the future market for increasing production from the whole facility.
Markets for Australian native table species, are growing worldwide as well as domestically. Ausyfish regularly exports native species and is now in a position to develop this market to its full potential.
Over 19 million ornamental fish were imported into Australia in 2008. Ausyfish is well positioned to increase its market share of this sector.
A printer friendly version of this page is available here.
If you wish to contact the owners via email please fill out the form below and click the submit button.
NOTE: Red fields are required.