HAZLENUT FARM & BUSINESS, EDEN, SOUTH COAST NSW
Location / Area
Towamba River area, South of Eden, South Coast of NSW
Business Type / Size
A Lovely 40 acre property with a productive and profitable hazelnut growing and processing business. Includes:
- Riverfront flats with orchard
- 2 bedroom residence
- Irrigation license
- Other machinery
‘Imlay Nuts’ is a well developed operation situated on the banks of the Towamba River approximately 40 minutes south of Eden.
The property has:
- 1300 productive hazelnut trees in excellent condition
- 40 macadamia trees
- Quality processing and storage facilities
- Nut harvesting equipment
- Pump and water storage (large tank)
- Valuable irrigation license
- Rich river flats ideal for nut production
- Privacy and natural beauty
|Fallen Nuts||Trees||Delivery from Orchard|
The vendors will include a 12 month tuition period for the buyers.
This includes all equipment to dry, crack, sort and store the nut kernel.
Also included is the value adding facilities to enhance the nuts for retail sales. This includes chocolate coating, savoury, curry, etc. Other products including dukka and hazelnut spread are also made and sold.
The nuts are sold at retail markets for premium prices ensuring maximum viability for the business.
Macadamia nuts are also harvested and processed in a similar fashion. Extra macadamia kernel is purchased and value added to increase turnover and profits.
The farm produces between 3 and 5 tonne of hazelnut nut-in-shell per annum (depending on season).
When processed and sold this provides an excellent income with potential for further growth.
|7 Way Grader||Nut Oven||Storage of Nuts|
The nuts are packaged and sold at markets in nearby towns including:
These are exceptionally good in holiday seasons and at festivals and other special events in the region.
The sheds are extensive and have concrete floors, colourbond walls/roofs and ample room for increased production.
The farm is located on the western side of the Princess Highway close to Mount Imlay National Park.
It is accessed via all weather (4WD) forestry roads and has long frontage to the beautiful Towamba River.
Note: Please ring the owners for GPS coordinates to do a Google Earth search.
Power & Phone
The house and sheds have a ‘Lister’ diesel generator producing 240V power for all uses including nut processing.
Optional 12V power is available in the house from a solar system (included)
This is a comfortable 2 bedroom cottage with a large deck overlooking the river and nearby lakes. It has:
- Open plan kitchen, dining and lounge area
- Slow combustion wood heater in house.
- Large timber deck
- Bathroom and laundry area
- 70,000 litre water storage
- Double wired with both 240V and 12V power systems (generator and solar)
This is ideal for a couple and guests. It has superb rural views and no close neighbours, giving ample privacy.
|House and Deck||Clearing|
- Gas stove and gas fridge (included in sale)
- Gardens and grass/lawn areas
- Orchard area (fruit trees)
- Large level gravel parking area
- Wildlife including wallabies and birds etc.
The farm operation includes a 20HP 4WD ford tractor, and implements including:
|Harvester in Orchard||Harvester Vacuum|
- Profitable farm and business opportunity
- Rural lifestyle in private location
- 2 bedroom cottage included
- All nut equipment included
- Close to great fishing spots at Eden and Twofold Bay
- Rare riverfront acreage close to the coast
- Breathtaking views from the house
- Affordable price range
- Swim in the river
- 4WD tractor and implements included.
- 12 month tuition period available
- Easy drive to Eden, Bega and Canberra
This is a unique opportunity to own and run a very viable farming operation with potential for expansion.
The nut growing and processing operation is recession proof and easy for husband and wife operation.
This is a proven performer close to the coast in a beautiful area of Australia.
A printer friendly version of this page is available here.
If you wish to contact the owners via email please fill out the form below and click the submit button.
NOTE: Red fields are required.